1. Never leave a burning candle alone.
2. Make sure your jar candle does not have any chips or cracks which could cause the glass to break.
3. Place your candle on a heat resistant surface such as a slate or stone coaster or metal trivet.
4. Insure that your candle is out of reach of children, pets, drafts, and flammable objects.
5. Never allow the flame to touch the container.
6. Trim the wick to 1/4" before lighting.
7. The sides and the bottom of a jar candle often become hot. Handle it carefully.
8. Only burn a candle down to the last 1/4" or so to prevent heat damage and breakage.
9. Always blow out the candle before putting the lid back on!
10. Burn a candle for at least one hour per inch of the candle's diameter so the candle burns evenly.